Well-Behaved Pet Dogs
Designed to help people train a well-behaved pet dog and/or resolve minor behavior problems, the class is offered on a drop-in basis (no commitment) -- you can attend one or as many classes as you feel you need to meet your own goals.
For those who want a Companion Dog as allowed by the Fair Housing Act, a well-behaved, trained dog will help you avoid conflicts with your neighbors or landlord.
- Person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Older adults;
- Caregiver/Family member of a person with a disability/senior who wishes to train the dog for that person.
- Person of any ages interested in their dog becoming a therapy dog.
- Dogs will be screened for aggression/excessive reactivity (and referred to other trainers who specialize in those behaviors if necessary);
- Must have proof of health and required vaccinations.
- Please note that dogs in 'heat' are not allowed on the premises.
- Fridays at 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Saturdays 10:30 a.m.-11:30
- No classes June 13 & 14, 20 & 21 -- Session break
- Classes resume June 27 & 28 for 10 weeks except for 4th of July weekend (July 4 & 5)
Each class is one hour and costs $20 per session.
Please bring shot records & training treats (small, 1/4" pieces of good smelly treats like cheese, hot dog, meat, Natural Balance roll, etc.)
Registration for Drop-In Classes or you may fill this out the day of your first class.