Pet Dog Training
Designed to help people train a well-behaved pet dog and/or resolve minor behavior concerns such as pulling on leash, jumping up on people, barking when someone comes near, etc. We also help with basic obedience skills - sit, down, stay, and come when called.
We offer both private lessons and group classes.
Private Lessons - each lesson is up to one hour and costs $50*. There is no multi-week commitment.
'Drop-In' Group Classes - each class is one hour and costs $20*. Attend one or as many classes as needed to meet your goals. There is no multi-week commitment. No advance reservations required.
- Fridays 9:30-10:30 a.m. NO CLASSES on May 22, July 3, Sept 4, Nov 27, Dec 25, Jan 1
- Saturdays 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. NO CLASSES on May 23, July 4, Sept 5, Nov 28, Dec 26, Jan 2]
Bring to class your dog's vaccination records & training treats (small 1/4" pieces of good smelly treats like cheese, hot dog, meat, Natural Balance roll, etc.)
Handler Eligibility for Pet Dog Training:
- Older adults (aged 50+).
- Person of any age with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Caregiver/family member of a person with a disability / older adult training the dog for that person.
- Person of any age interested in their dog becoming a therapy dog.
- 5 months or older.
- Dogs will be screened for aggression/excessive reactivity (and referred to other trainers who specialize in those behaviors if necessary).
- Must have proof of health and required vaccinations.
- Note: dogs in 'heat' are not allowed on the premises.
Download the Pet Dog Private Lesson Registration Form. Email your completed form to Glenda@Handi-Dogs.org.
Download and complete the Pet Dog Drop In Class Registration Form, or fill it out on your first day of class.
* Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify.